What you need to know about the program
- The Toronto Region Board of Trade and the City of Toronto are providing small- and medium-sized businesses (those with 150 employees or fewer) in Toronto with rapid screening kits for COVID-19.
• For businesses with over 150 employees, please order directly from the Ontario government portal.
• For businesses outside of Toronto, please order through the chamber of commerce in the municipality your business is located. The list of rapid test distribution programs by chamber is available here.
• Requests for screening kits for use in educational and childcare settings should be directed to the following email addresses:
– Private schools: FSB.PSIE@Ontario.ca
– Public schools: PublicInquiries@ontario.ca
– Private colleges: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Childcare: email@example.com
- Each company should assign a Screening Supervisor Designate who will be the contact person.
- The Screening Supervisor Designate must watch a 6-minute training video on how to administer the tests – Watch the training video.
- Orders can be picked up at your choice of available City of Toronto facilities.
- Orders are calculated to provide enough rapid screening kits to test all employees twice a week for four weeks. Tests come in boxes of 25.
- Reporting of results is required. More info on this is available below.
- Rapid screening kits can be reordered following completion of reporting requirements.
- Businesses are responsible for the proper disposal of kits – they can not be put out with your usual waste. Please follow the guidelines on disposal included here: Safe Handling and Management of Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Testing Waste. Initially, we recommend retaining your kits as the Ontario Government and its partners work to develop additional disposal options for businesses. Please refer back here over the next few weeks for more news.
Order rapid screening kits
- Fill out the “Order Self Screening Tests” form.
- Attest that you have watched the training video – Watch the training video.
- Test kits come in boxes of 25, and the amount you receive will be automatically calculated based on the number of employees you provide in the order form (enough rapid screening kits to test employees twice a week for four weeks will be provided).
- Once your order is received, your pick-up time will be confirmed via email by the Toronto Region Board of Trade.
- If you have multiple businesses, please fill out one form per business.
- If you have one business with multiple locations, please fill out one form covering all locations.
- To order refills, you must first report the results of all administered tests (more information below).
What you need to know before you arrive at the pick-up facility
- Please do not visit the pick-up location until you have received a confirmation email with your confirmed pick-up time.
- For refill orders, please ensure that you have submitted all previous test results prior to placing a refill order.
- To ensure public health and safety, pick-ups are designated to 15-minute windows. Please arrive on time to pick up your order.
- If you need to enter a City building to collect your kits, you must first self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms using the QR code posted on the door. You must wear a mask or face covering, and maintain 2 metres of physical distance at all times.
- Please do not arrive at the pick-up facility if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Report your results
In order to participate in the Workplace Self Screening program, all participants must agree to report all test results on a weekly basis.
- Your Screening Supervisor Designate will be responsible for reporting all results.
- Businesses are required to track their daily testing. This includes:
- Number of rapid antigen tests used
- Number of invalid rapid antigen test results
- Number of individuals who tested positive with a rapid antigen test
- Number of individuals who tested negative with a rapid antigen test
- Results can only be submitted through this online portal.
- Results are shared with Health Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
- Results must be reported before you can submit a refill order.
People who test positive for COVID-19 through workplace rapid antigen screening should obtain a confirmatory PCR test at any assessment centre, preferably within 24 hours of the rapid screening test. Results for confirmatory tests conducted by assessment centres are submitted directly to Toronto Public Health.
While you wait for your confirmatory test results, you must isolate at home, whether you have symptoms or not for 10 days from the first day your symptoms started or the date of your positive rapid test if you didn’t have any symptoms.